Charna Island is located near Mubarak Goth, Kiamari Town in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. Churna Island is a small uninhabited island located in the Arabian Sea, about 9 km (5.6 mi) west of the mouth of the Hub river called “Manjhar Beach”, at the boundary between the provinces of Balochistan and Sindh. Charna is approximately 1.2 km (0.75 mi) long and 0.5 km (0.31 mi) wide. Charna is also locally known as “Cheerio” and “Charna”. It is 6 km away from Mubarak Village.
Churna Island Season
In winters (September to April) Local and foreign tourists use to visit for adventure activities like Snorkeling, Cliff Diving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing, Fishing & Underwater photography with the tour operators. Fishermen of Mubarak Goth go fishing near the Charna Island Sindh Karachi Pakistan. There are many species of fish, crabs, and lobsters. Anglers take boats to go Island from Mubarak Goth. Mubarak Goth is the second-largest fishermen locality in Karachi, which lacks facilities including education, health, jetty, ownership rights, communication, etc.
Churna Island Karachi Pakistan Quick Facts about (Charna Island)
- Churna Island is basically a Rock Island, it has no sand beaches
- Distance From Mubarak Village to Churna Island is 6 KM
- Distance from Manjhar Beach to Churna Island is 9 KM
- From the center of the city to Manjhar beach its 50 KM
- The covered area is 1.2 km long and 0.5 km wide
- On Season is September to April (All winter months)
- The best time to go is November to February
- Activities possible are Sightseeing tours and water sports
- Average Tour duration is early morning to evening
- Night stay and camping is not possible
- Only island near Karachi with crystal blue water
- Calm water due to mountain resisting wind and currents