When there is a university for all, we actually do get ALL and every type!
People from all over the country are admitted in Universities, education is a necessity of life. A place where everyone is accepted and appreciated to achieve something they couldn’t have on their own, a higher level education platform, which is the place where all sorts of people are found, if you look in the right places:
- The Parhakoos:
The Parhaakoos are the rarest breeds, they are seen with notes and books in hand, and weird faces with sharp noticing eyes, always looking for extra stuff to lay there filthy parhaakoo paws on, first to enter classes last to leave.
- Hangout Spots: Library
- How to locate them: people in stealth mode, and hurried walks with a focused face and noticing eyes.
- How to avoid them: If you are targeted, start laughing loudly, start swearing or simply start saying “ abhe bhot time papers mai kon parhay”
- Frequent sightings: Following teachers
- The Professionals:
Strictly follows the dress code, to the point talks, doesn’t stay in university, always have work to do with earphones on and frequent calls even between classes.
- Hangout Spots: Only at Khokas between breaks.
- How to locate them: People talking strictly on phones and not caring who passes by.
- How to avoid them: They avoid you so don’t bother.
- Frequent sightings: Khokas and Parking Areas
- The Wanna bees:
They are observing and carrying it out immediately kinda people, they care about everything and anything that inspires them (which is usually everything), everything is image and image is everything to them, they hang out in groups of odd people, odd as in odd numbers (but I like the way your mind works).
- Hangout Spots: The center table where all attention exist in every café.
- How to locate them: Group of people who notices everyone.
- How to avoid them: One has to get rude.
- Frequent sightings: Everywhere (Trust me)
- The Couples:
Love birds walking as close as the traffic of Karachi at 6:00pm, they sit together, move together, blend in classes together, eat, walk, laugh, smile, wink, sneeze, cough and what not, they are the walking definition of the word “Together”.
- Hangout Spots: Corners
- How to locate them: Opposite gender sitting as close as Karachi’s traffic.
- How to avoid them: Avoid the corners and you will avoid them.
- Frequent sightings: Corners
- The loners:
Poorest souls, lurk in the shadows like vampires, never steps out in the light, avoids teachers and does everything in their power to NOT give a presentation, teachers see them and try to motivate them but fail.
Hangout Spots: No one knows.
How to locate them: Catch them in classes, as they disappear in a whiff of smoke after class.
How to avoid them: Never avoid them as you might be their only friend.
Frequent sightings: Only in classes.
- The Stags
Group of care free boys, roaming around in a gang like manor, swearing like there’s no hereafter and literally LOLing like there ain’t no tomorrow.
- Hangout Spots: Khoka or benches in peak rush hours.
- How to locate them: Hear closely for loud voices and laughter’s.
- How to avoid them: One just simply can’t avoid stags.
- Frequent sightings: Dhabay and khokay.
- The cools:
Group of multi gender mostly, sophisticated and well mannered, front benchers, pompously and frequently ask questions, good kids from teachers point of view, expensive and classy in choosing, as everything offered on campus is beneath them until they are dying for it and there is no other quick way to get it done.
- Hangout Spots: The most expensive café on campus.
- How to locate them: Mix gender group speaking English as their 1st
- How to avoid them: become a “Maila”(see point No. 10 for assistance)
- Frequent sightings: 1st benches in class, and expensive restaurants check-ins on Facebook.
- The Sisters:
Two types of The Sisters exist in every university;
1.The Badmash Company(Female version): sisters in arms, unbreakable and non penetrating group of Badmash Girls, carefree and independent, not even the stags and mailas can stand up to them.
2.The Calm Company: highly careful and sophisticated group of girls, good students and their life’s aim is to gossip and only gossip, no boys allowed within a 10 meter radius.
- Hangout Spots: Wherever they want.
- How to locate them: Group of strictly Females, with a few losers guys following.
- How to avoid them: Men MUST avoid them at all costs, the way has not yet been figured out but as experience teaches us we must not linger near them.
- Frequent sightings: In the grounds roaming or running from one place to another.
- The All rounder’s:
All rounder’s, are the best people in any university, they blend in with everyone and everywhere, wherever they go the meet and greet people on their way, as they know everyone everywhere. They are the people who are the nicest breed of humans.
- Hangout Spots: Where ever they stand for 5 minutes that becomes their spot.
- How to locate them: Just be in need and wish for help, you’ll see an all rounder walking towards you.
- How to avoid them: Whatever might be the reason “NEVER” avoid an all rounder, as that will be the last time you’ll ever see them.
- Frequent sightings: Difficult to see as they blend in pretty well with the crowd.
- The Mailaas:
Even after songs released on them they just can’t get enough of the university, they are the black spot on a white wall, a punctured tire on a Mercedes, an anday vala burger served with timaatar, a pizza without cheese, a coke without gas, a lassi without malai etc. Their life overflows with color, they flaunt florescent colors as if these were invented for them. Lame jokes, highly vulgar comments, questions that doesn’t make any sense, makes teachers go crazy,
they are like grease, once you touch it, it doesn’t comes off easily.
- Hangout Spots: They are like air, sadly they are everywhere.
- How to locate them: WHY! Why in the world would anyone even think of locating them?
- How to avoid them: If you see them approaching, run like hell, DO NOT look back!
- Frequent sightings: In the purest form of their language if asked “Kahan ho” and I quote “ MANDI mai ”; for those who don’t know mandi can exist anywhere, where ever there are a whole lot of girls in the vicinity, you’ll see them glaring and smirking.
The reason of writing all this was just to describe a normal everyday university life, which we go through but don’t usually talk about.
WHAT TYPE ARE YOU????